Monday 7 November 2011

Netherfaris Commission Process

Hello everyone!
I had meant to post an update yesterday, but it was a horribly busy day. The following is my process for Anbessa's other commission, of his Jackal character Netherfaris. The process is very similar to my last update, so I will not post elaborate explanations. Feel free to comment if you have any questions though :))

Here are some tiny scribblies for the pose. At first I liked the leaping pose, but realized I had a work in progress that is very similar to that pose. I asked around and the bottom left one got the best positive feedback.


Next, I do a sketch based on the selected doodle. Take note, even if there is clothing present on the character that will hide the underlaying anatomy--I draw the entire body anyways to help give it it's appropriate shape.

Now I clean up the sketch and give some detail:



At this time, I wanted to experiment a bit with digital textures. So I play with textures, light and shade and get this result: 



The commissioner wishes to have some final color added, so I'll be rendering this guy completely soon :)

Thank you for looking,
Sekhmet

4 comments:

  1. Getting a chance to look at the WIPs for your art is really interesting. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, I am so glad you are enjoying it :)
    thank you for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to see work in progress pics and descriptions of the process. Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete