Friday 14 October 2011

Personal Art: Icons work in progress

Here are a few doodles I did for myself as a "warm up" before working on commissions. I've been in desperate need of a new icon/avatar for myself, so I started a few.

Heres a more relaxed look to my character: Her flowy hair is made of flame.  The line work is a bit bold here cuz I was working on a transparent layer, but as I added a white BG everything darkened, X3--Its also still in a bit of a rough stage.



Heres one that is actually part of a larger reference I've been working on on and off. She's got a bit of a snarl going on here :) --I'm thinking i'd like her to have some sort of symbol on her forehead, I used to have the sun symbol there but it looked like a bullseye target XD --I'd have to design something, like another symbol- or a lovely head dress.





I think its important for artists to try and draw for themselves from time to time. I absolutely enjoy drawing for others, it is extremely fun. However, it is still important to express your own creations from your brain on paper whenever it is possible. I often feel "refereshed" to go back to work on commissions whenever I do this for myself.


Thank you for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment